Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
We’re seeking a promising junior mixed-methods UX Researcher to work closely with cross-functional product teams, and to learn about how users interact with our employee health products. You’ll be joining a small but mighty team of four researchers and data scientists. You’ll assist with developing metrics and measurement, as well as qualitative evaluation of product features and user satisfaction through interviews and usability tests.
You have experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Your research will focus on actionable insights that directly impact the work of product managers, designers, writers, and engineers throughout our global organization.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Conducting UX research that investigates user behavior and attitudes, using methods including usability testing, card sorts, focus group discussions, diaries studies, and more;
- Designing and running surveys of users and company representatives, from questionnaire design through analysis;
- Communicating results clearly and persuasively using charts, graphs, quotes, video clips, and other evidence;
- Collaborating with design, product, content, data, and marketing teams to identify research questions, evaluate hypotheses, and socialize and evangelize results to create product impact;
- Understanding the needs of diverse user groups and balance them with the goals of a fast-paced, growing business;
- Helping democratize design research by playing an advisory role and ensuring quality as other team members undertake their own research projects;
- Assisting with research operations, including exploring and setting up new research tools.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In Order To Represent The Best Of What We Have To Offer You Come To Us With a Multitude Of Positive Attributes Including
- Bachelor’s degree in a human behavior or measurement-related field, such statistics, mathematics, social science disciplines including human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, anthropology, economics, political science, or others with some exposure to quantitative analytical research,
- Familiarity with concepts such as survey sampling, statistical significance, and regression analysis.
- Basic proficiency in statistical analysis software such as R, SPSS, Stata or other.
- 1-3 years professional experience in UX/user research, market research, or user experience design;
- Experience with interviews, usability testing, and qualitative user research methods preferred;
- Ability to formulate good research questions and to select the best research method for the problem at hand;
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work independently, while also thriving on collaboration and working well with a team;
- Deep empathy for those with different life experience than you, ability to set aside assumptions to learn from research;
- Stellar prioritization skills.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Design sensibilities and interest in visual design;
- Some exposure with interactive prototyping tools preferred;
- Experience working in an agile software discovery and development process;
- Experience leading a research project from start to finish with minimal support.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
Apply via following link.