26 April – 3 May 2022 | Krushevo, Republic of North Macedonia
The aim is to increase skills knowledge and understanding of youth workers about active citizenship and provide tools to empower youth in their local communities to become active citizens and to promote active participation of youth in the decision-making
Youth civic engagement and the role of education in developing active citizenship have become increasingly urgent topics of debate throughout the European Union. The growth of nationalist, radical and populist discourses and politics have revealed the need for a better understanding of what factors may encourage young people’s social participation and civic engagement.
Democracies need active, informed and responsible young citizens who are willing and able to take responsibility for themselves and their communities and contribute to the political process.
Education about active citizenship can help young people to develop self-confidence and a sense of agency, it gives them a voice: in the life of their schools, their communities and society at large and it enables them to make a positive contribution by developing the knowledge and experience needed to claim their rights and understand their responsibilities. It prepares them for the challenges and opportunities of adult and working life. NGOs can help encourage young people in their communities to become active citizens through education and engagement.
We have created this project to increase the capacities of NGOs to educate and empower young people in their communities to become active members of society and strive to make their community a better place.
- To develop competencies (knowledge, practical skills, and attitudes) of 20 young people coming from the partner countries about active citizenship, advocacy and the decision making processes on a local level;
- Learn new tools on how to engage and empower young people to become active citizens, and contribute to the development of their community;
- Gain skills on how to organize local activities and engaging youth to be active;
- Share good practices from the partner organizations;
- Promote youth work and youth organizations and the volunteering opportunities they are offering to young people for self-development;
- Promote young people’s active citizenship and social responsibility in their local communities;
- Promote the overall personal development of young people as active citizens in diverse and democratic societies;
- Empower and encourage youth to participate actively in shaping society – and especially a more integrated Europe;
- Make participants become more engaged in the youth rights debate
- Debate the importance to have a voice in Europe, where young people are equal citizens and are encouraged and supported to achieve their fullest potential as global citizens
- To gain new tools on how to encourage and equip young people with the necessary resources to become active citizens, agents of solidarity and positive change inspired by EU values and a European identity
During the training course, the participants will enhance several 21st-century skills, especially communication, leadership, social skills, and critical thinking, the ability to research information, the ability to stand up and challenge decisions. They will gain new knowledge about advocacy the decision-making processes on a local level. Finally, they will gain new skills and attitudes about presenting and organizing workshops for other young people.
Your kind of training?
This Training Course is
for 20 participants
from Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries , Western Balkan countries
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders
Association for sustainable development SFERA International (Youth NGO)
Contact for questions:
Accommodation and food
Everything is covered by the Erasmus + program.
Travel distance. Standard travel. Green travel
10 – 99 km 23 EUR
100 – 499 km 180 EUR. 210 EUR
500 – 1999 km 275 EUR 320 EUR
2000 – 2999 km 360 EUR. 410 EUR
Travel reimbursement on the basis of travel distance calculator.
This training activity is funded by: salto-youth.net